Friday 24 May 2013

MAY 2013 HAUL - Primark, Schuh, eBay, ASOS and more


So I got paid last week and after putting aside most of my wages for my university fund I then went shopping; my only addiction asides from tea. So I thought I'd do a haul post to show you some of the things I have picked up lately. WARNING this is a long and pretty photo heavy post if that offends you read no further. 
 
First up PRIMARK:
 
 
SOCKS - £2.50 / TIGHTS - £3
 
I could not resist these socks, they are just basic trainer socks in pastel colours but they have adorable little doll frill trims and I just thought they were too cute to leave on the stand.
 
SUNGLASSES - £2
 
I must buy a pair of sunglasses from Primark every time I go in but they are just too cheap not to buy and I really liked the slight cat eye style of these ones.
 
FLASK - £2.50 / TIGHTS - £2.50
 
SHOES - £8
 
How cute are these T-Bar flats. They are a really soft grey colour with silver ball studs and I just thought they are a really cool alternative to sandals for the summer.
 
OVERSIZED BOYFRIEND T-SHIRT - £3.50
 
Just a basic boyfriend t-shirt in black. I got it to go with my printed trousers and skirts. They have this t-shirt in a variety of colours.
 
 
'C'EST LA VIE' OVERSIZED BOYFRIEND T-SHIRT - £5
 
Ooh la la a French t-shirt. I am not normally one for slogan t-shirts especially not ones from Primark because everyone seems to wear them but I couldn't not buy this one. Why? It's monochrome, it's in French and the text has a really cool pearl texture.
 
 
MENS GEOMETRIC T-SHIRT - £3 (Sale)
 
I always buy men's t-shirts from Primark, I like the prints and quality of them whereas I am not such a fan of the female printed t-shirts because they always seem to be a bit cute and girly for my liking (does that make sense). I did actually buy this one to wear to bed since they only had it in XL but when I got home and tried it on it actually looked pretty cool as a dress. So I now have another dress.
 
BOYFRIEND CROP T-SHIRT - £3
 
I already have this in the charcoal grey and I really like them styled with high waisted skirts or trousers. They have this style in a lot of other colours.
 
SCHUH
 
So from Primark I went to Schuh to spend the birthday money my Gran & Granddad gave me to get some converse. I have wanted to get a pair of Converse Ox trainers for ages so I was pretty pleased when I got the money to buy them. I went for the Off-white/cream colour because I know this shade will go with a lot of things; especially in the summer. I also really like the bottom of these trainers with the red and blue stripe because they remind me of the American flag or toothpaste.
 
CONVERSE OX TRAINERS IN OFF WHITE - £43
 
 
EBAY
 
 SILVER RETRO WATCH -  £4.99
 
I got this retro silver digital watch because the only other watches I own are gold or rose gold and I just thought a silver watch would go with more things. I got it from this store if you're interested.
 
GOLD LION CHAIN - £4.64
 
Okay so this chain may not be to everyone's taste (I've had mixed reviews so far) but I really like it. It's gold and clunky with a lions head and it instantly gives the simplest of outfits a bit of edge. It's a little bit Rihanna, Rita Ora and Cara Delevigne. If you wanna get your paws on this one click here it is shipped from China so be prepared to wait a couple of weeks for it to arrive.
 
FLUORO LOW WEDGES - £4.74 (inc. p&p) 
 
These fluorescent pink sandals are from an eBay store called offcutsshoes which is an Office store selling shoes with slight defects (like tiny scuffs or marks from displays). I always look on this eBay store for shoes because they are Office shoes for a fraction of what you should be paying for them. Click here to visit the store. 
 
MATALAN
 
I haven't been to Matalan for months! I'm not a fan of Matalan clothes just because of sizing but I always love a bit of Matalan for accessories and homeware. It was buy one get one free on selected jewellery (for card holders only) so how could I resist?
 
MIDI RING TRIO - £5
 
I was going to buy a single midi ring from ASOS for the same price so I was well chuffed when I found this trio in Matalan. The trio consists of a heart, a cross and a peace sign all in gold. 
 
CHAIN - £8
 
I liked this chain because it is chunky and clunky and because it silver with gold in in it which means I can wear it with all my jewellery.
 

 
CUT OUT BOOTS - £22
 
Oh how beautiful are these, they remind me of the Topshop ARABEL boots slightly but for a fraction of the price. I just thought they were so cool and would really work with my grungy style. Plus the cut out means I can wear them in the summer without my feet getting too hot and also they will look good in the cooler weather with patterned tights.
 
 ASOS
 
PINAFORE DRESS - £22
 
I have finally purchased a pinafore dress! It is from River Island via ASOS, it's a soft material with a denim look. I thought it was a really reasonable price and I just had to buy it, well put it on the credit card and pay it off later anyway! 


LITTLE TEACUP JEWELLERY
 

  DAINTY DINO NECKLACE - £4
 
I have only just found out about this jewellery store but I already love it! The store sells really dainty and unique jewellery at really reasonable prices with just £1.95 postage. I am into silver jewellery at the moment and I fell in love with the dinosaur charms on this one - so bloody cute! I will definitely be purchasing more items from this store, especially since it is run by a student and blogger! Click here to check out the lovely jewellery by Little Teacup.

Woah that was quite a hefty post but I thought it would be nice to show you everything (especially Primark since they don't have a website). I really like reading haul posts just to get a bit of inspiration so I hope you like this one and I hope you are all well!
 
love amy xx

6 comments:

  1. Love the lion necklace so much but oh my godddd those cut out boots from Matalan are amazing!They don't look like something from Matalan at all.Definitely going to have a search for those next time I pop in! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I was so shocked when I saw them in there! :) xx

      Delete
  2. Amy, I can't believe I have only just found your blog!? I absolutely love it. It's so beautiful and your posts are class because I am a terrible bargain shopper!!

    I'm now following you!
    Lindsey

    www.ropesofholland.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou so much my dear, haha me too - finding bargains make me happy!

      xx

      Delete
  3. I live the pinafore dress!
    Wish I was brave enough to wear one, they look so lovely on teamed with the right things!!

    www.hbbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    Hannah xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pinafore dress and necklace are so cute. I definitely would not get away with wearing it, as much as i'd love too :(

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments, they never fail to make me smile. I always check out every blog so please leave your links! :D xx

Past Posts.